Sunday, November 9, 2014

Remember That One Time..?

Back in May, I posted about a photo shoot for a Firefighters Wives calendar that I had recently participated in. I shared with you some of the "behind-the-scenes" pictures that my sister-in-law had taken as well as sharing some "nuggets" of information that I had learned from the shoot like "Jan Tana Hi-Def Glaze isn't only for figure competitions" and "Showin' your ass in public is always more fun when you have your crazy sister-in-law and husband with you". 
* if you missed the post, you can read here--> It Was For Charity

Well, I have another nugget of information to share with you.....

THE CALENDAR IS HERE!




I have been impatiently patiently waiting to see which of my photos was selected for the calendar, which month I am, and how everyone else's photos came out! When I saw on Facebook that pre-orders were officially being taken, I submitted mine....and waited....! Last week, I came home from work and there it sat. The envelope containing my calendar order!

My sister-in-law's reaction to my calendar picture :)

I'm very happy to announce that I am Mrs. July 2015...lol...and the picture that was chosen didn't make my parents cringe too much :)




Last week, I had the opportunity to promote the calendar on a local radio station with Justin (founder of Firefighters vs. Autism) and one of the firefighters that posed for the men's calendar. It was a lot of fun and of course, I was asked about working out and if I was flexing in my calendar picture. I made some remark about how hard it was to suck in my stomach, flex, take shallow breaths, and attempt to give the camera "the eye". The radio interview was a lot of fun and I'm really happy that my work schedule allowed me to participate!

Yes...he was just as gorgeous in person... *drool*
Being involved in this project from the photo shoot to now promoting the finished product has been amazing and incredibly humbling. This organization is made up of firefighters and families who have made it their mission to do what they can to educate others about the dangers of wandering & drowning that are highly common among those within the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The fact that Justin and Jason (photographer) felt that I could contribute in some way to this project & mission is still astounding to me!

I would love it if each of you considered purchasing a calendar, whether it's the Firefighters or the Firefighters' Wives version (but let's be honest....this is really the one you want...lol) or if the calendars aren't really your thing, you can always send in a donation!

And you don't even have to ask....yes....I'm willing to sign your calendars..... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment