Sunday, October 21, 2012

Keepin' It Real

I have never been one to sugar coat or bullshit on this blog and I'm not about to start now. I'm going to keep it real during this update about my prep.

Truth is, prep is not going as well as I would like. There is a strong possibility that I will not be stepping on stage in 3 weeks if I can't get things to come together. The thought of preparing for a show and not making it to the finish line is disheartening. However, I'm a realist. I know I should not step on stage if I'm not ready. I refuse to be that competitor. If you've ever been to a competition, you know who I'm talking about. I'm talking about the competitor that obviously is not ready...the one who should have said "This show is not the show for me to compete in"...the one who should have stayed home or sat in the audience.


The picture above is from yesterday morning's check-in with The Boss #1. While I know that I look pretty good (let's say for the average person), I don't look like I should for 3 weeks out & that's the honest truth.

The plan is to hit it hard up until the deadline to send in my entry form. If The Bosses say I'm ready to rock the stage, then that's what I'll do. If they say I'm not ready, then I will officially start my off-season.

The race is on! I'm going to be playing this song all day....err day....beast mode, baby!!

*if you don't like profanity, you might want to skip this one :)





7 comments:

  1. Well I am not sure what you are looking for at 3 weeks out....but here is what I saw....great quad seperation, you do not know what I would do for that, and a beautifully capped delt. They say figure shows are won from the back and maybe that is what you are talking about, but from the front girl you look spot on for 3 weeks out. A lot will change with your body these last three weeks. Dont be so hard on yourself...
    Nothing but love,
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling. I've pulled out of a contest because I wasn't ready 3 weeks out, but push up until that deadline because I don't think you are far off. You got this! don't be too hard on yourself if you have to sit out this one though, just look at it as an opportunity to do another one again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with everyone else. I think you got this! I like your plan too. Go until the end and then see how you feel. I'm pretty sure you're going to be going for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very smart plan laid out T,although im pretty sure you will push through and be ready in time....
    and if not,thats OK. shows will always be there!
    now get out there and turn that beast mode up one more notch....
    you got this!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have 3 weeks. 2 weeks before peak week. Then it's peak weeeeeeek! I am rooting for you T! Keep your spirits up. I adore you no matter what decision you make......hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I always think you look great but I support whatever you decide. The stage will always be there! You're almost there and you look great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing changes can take place in 2-3 weeks :) Kill it girl!

    ReplyDelete