Sunday, June 24, 2012

Booty Like Serena....

I am probably the world's crappiest blogger. Seriously. I have been doing, as my mother would say, a piss poor job of consistently blogging about what's going on with prep and life!!

I'm not making excuses but this pretty much describes how I feel when I get to the end of my day....

source
My days are pretty busy as you were able to see in my daily schedule post! Some days, I crawl in bed and wonder where the day went! However, I am not complaining! Life is good and I like being able to keep busy :)

I've also been feeling like this.....

source
 Don't judge me! You don't know how deep my love for burritos runs!!! :)

Let's talk prep, shall we?


Guess who completely messed up the countdown to their shows...AGAIN?? Yep, that would be me! I posted something on Siouxcountry (aka best website ever!) in the 2012 State & Local Shows section about being 4 weeks out from the NPC Terminator and one of the other members informed me that the show was actually in 3 weeks not 4!!  Talk about a smack to the forehead! I did have a HUGE small breakdown after learning I was closer to my shows than I thought but I'm ok now...I think... ;)


My last check in with The Boss went really really well! She used the term "practically ready" in her reply to my progress pictures and that has NEVER EVER happened before!!! The Boss did tell me that for the next two weeks my mantra is "booty like Serena...caps like Dwight..." My job is to continue tightening up & rounding out my glutes and building those boulder shoulders. I also need to work on my posing. I had a list of things she wants me to work on and nail before I step on stage.

I have a pretty hefty to-do list of things I need to take care of before both shows...important things like scheduling waxing appointments, picking up new eyeshadow...oh yeah...and maybe sending in my registration forms for both shows!

Three...count them...three weeks until my first show of this year...oh snap...it's almost time to do the damn thang!

20 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I'm so excited for you! You're looking tight woman! wow! I can't point out what's my favorite part of your body... that includes your calves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana!! I know you mentioned you miss calves on competitors so I'm glad you spotted some on me :)

      Delete
  2. WOW you seriously look great!! And you DO definitely look stage ready!! Must feel awesome to be AHEAD of the game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I feel really good about where I'm at in this point in prep - it's a new feeling for me!

      Delete
  3. Awesome, one day I want to compete

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so rocking it!! I have body envy!
    Oopsie on that day, huh, lol... Sorry, but I think I'm the same way with dates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thanks so much!! I don't know how I messed up the countdown but somehow I managed to...lol

      Delete
  5. Um let's see if I can be any more specific.....Your delts, abs, and quads are looking soooooooo good! Game face on.....now go practice some quarter turns! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you!! I'm really happy about the way my legs are coming in - the heavy lifting in the off season really helped! I brought my heels with me today & will be practicing those quarter turns when I hit the gym!

      Delete
  6. Best of luck, looking fabulous as always! -- Ericka @ The Sweet Life (sweetlifeericka.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look awesome!!! Good luck! :)

    p.s. That first picture made me laugh out loud! Thanks for the chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look incredible! I already know you are going to do the damn thang!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow......
    practically ready-boss lady is SO right!
    shoulders,abs,quads,calves.....
    i too am having serious body envy!!!
    you look AWESOME!!!
    imho,you will be bringing your best physique yet to the stage...
    3 weeks will fly by!!!!
    just keep reciting your mantra,keep your heels in your gym bag and practice those turns!
    perfect practice makes perfect!
    YOU GOT THIS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa!! Thank you!!! Your support means so much to me!!

      Delete
  10. You look amazing. I just came across your blog and can't wait to follow your journey to the show. Your body is inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's going to be an interesting journey so be prepared ;)

      Delete