Saturday, July 14, 2012

And Then It Was Time!

That's it.

The countdown to the NPC Terminator is over.

Today is the day. Prejudging will start in a few short hours.

I went to athlete's check-in last night and immediately began to lose my damn mind. All of the women looked incredible and while realistically you don't know who is doing what division (unless you ask them directly), I started to feel inadequate and unprepared.

Then I remembered this.....

source
Ok...I'm lying...when I started hyperventilating freaking out having a moment of self-doubt, Tom gave me the "Stop actin' like a damn fool" look and reassured me that I was ready and I was going to prove to be tough competition. I texted The Boss #1 and she not only sent me words of encouragement but called just to chat and it really calmed me down. Plus, how can anyone feel stressed out after listening to someone with the cutest southern accent?? :)

In a few minutes, it will be time to get out of bed and officially start my day. I've been preparing for this day for 19 weeks and it's time to showcase all of my hard work.

I had a job to do and I did it. Let's hope the judges think it's enough for a top 5 placing.

Here are two of the motivational things I will be listening to today to help me to keep my eyes on the prize...



Thank you for your support & encouragement. It means the world to me. With that said, it's time to do the damn thang!

5 comments:

  1. ahhhhhhhhhhhh!
    sending warm,positive vibes your way!!!!
    youve done the work,now go show it off!!!
    whether you make top 5 or not is irrelevant because YOU are the trophy my dear!
    keep us updated!
    let us know how prejudge goes!!!!!!

    **HUGS*****

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeps! Get it girl... I will be thinking of you today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing and wonderful and look freakin' sick!!
    Will be thinking of you and cannot wait to hear how today was. =)
    ~hugs~

    Jen
    LPM

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're going to kill it!!! send updates!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that last video made me cry. That is amazing.

    ReplyDelete