Friday, April 19, 2013

Embracing Our Beauty

I posted this on my facebook page a couple of days ago but wanted to take a moment to share it here (if you haven't seen it yet).

I will be the first to admit that I am S-U-P-E-R critical of myself, especially my looks. I would never describe myself as "beautiful", "pretty", "attractive", or any such word. I would be a liar if I said that I didn't have difficulty accepting compliments when they are about my appearance (not that I'm saying it happens often...but when it does...). Now if you give me a compliment about being witty, intelligent, or a great mom - I will totally take it!! :)

In a new ad as part of its Campaign for Real Beauty, Dove shows how a woman's perception of herself can vary so differenly than that of a stranger. The tagline of the campaign is "You are more beautiful than you think" and I truly believe this is something you, I, and every other woman need to realize and fully embrace!



1 comment:

  1. I love this video too Ms. Fabulous T! It reminded me of how often I limit myself because I disqualify myself from the opportunities due to my self perception.
    Being fully YOU is gorgeous and besides you are super hot! :)

    ReplyDelete