Sunday, August 18, 2013

Let Me Give Thanks

Michael Simon Photography
The moment I won my class was three years in the making. I stepped on stage for the first time July 2010 and it has been quite the journey since I made the decision to become a figure competitor. The journey has been full of many things including tears, frustration, confusion, determination, and asparagus :)  It has also been filled with some amazing people that have, at times, carried me toward the finish line when I couldn't get my legs to work. I would like to take some time to thank some of these people.



To My Yellow...aka The Boss...aka Bird Bones...aka Genie Beanie! More than three years ago you kindly responded to a stranger's questions about competing in your Oxygen journal. You took me under your wing and you saw potential in me when all I could see was a sad, lost, chubby woman.



Don't ask! What happens in Chicago, stays in Chicago ;)
When we met face-to-face for the first time in Chicago, it felt coming home. You have not only been my coach but you have become one of my best friends. Thank you for pushing me, encouraging me, befriending me, and loving me. I couldn't have changed my life without your help. Now, enough of that emotional stuff. Start stretching your muscles and tell your liver to get ready - Black and Yellow's Excellent Adventure Part 2 is going to be EPIC!!!



To my hubs...aka The Boss #2...aka my partner-in-crime...can you believe this madness?!?! What a ride! Thank you for joining me on this crazy ride this past three years. Thank you for showing me that my body can do more if I ask it to. The workouts you create make me want to punch you at times but I know you know what you're doing.


Thank you for picking up the slack on the home front when I'm running on fumes. You grill a mean chicken breast and can package meals like a pro! I am so appreciative that you have put me in my place when I've needed it and made me pancakes when you knew I needed "real food". I know there's more fun, chaos, and adventure ahead - care to join me?  "We ride together. We die together. Bad Boys for life."


Sponsorship!
Puttin' in work at my home away from home!

To Frank, owner of Desert Sports & Fitness...thank you for your support over the past few years. Your sponsorship earlier this year helped me take the leap and compete in my first national competition. I remember a couple of years ago when Tom & I were talking to you after one of my competitions and you encouraged me to think bigger, venture out of my comfort zone, and keep after my goals. That truly meant a lot to me. I consider Desert Sports & Fitness on Ajo my home away from home - it is my place of worship, my sanctuary, and my office. Your staff (hey Joella & Steve!) are amazing and do a top notch job in keeping the gym clean and organized. I'm also very thankful that they let me stash my meals in the refrigerator when I work out :)


To my crazy family....I know I'm not the easiest person to deal with, especially when I'm prepping so thank you! Thank you for telling me I could do this. Thank you for watching The Princess so I could go to the gym or run errands or just have a moment to myself. Thank you for teasing me about bringing my own food to Family Day. Thank you for it all!


To my readers (especially those of you who have been with me almost since the start - Melissa, Crystal, Lacey, Ana, Chelsea, Jen, Stacy, The BoBettes)...you have no idea what means to me that you read this blog. You have no idea what your positive words, encouraging comments, and support have meant (and mean!) to me. I know that are so many other blogs you could be reading and so many other things you could be doing with your time so thank you. Thank you for believing in me, supporting me, and loving me. I treasure each and everyone of you.

5 comments:

  1. I love you so much!! You made me tear up! Thank YOU for being such a wonderful caring friend. I love you forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! I'm so glad that you have all these people pushing and rooting for you! You are incredible and deserve nothing but the best!

    Congrats again! Looking forward to continuing to see all that you continue to accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I LOVE this post! You're one of the most determined women I have ever known and you inspire me every day!! You deserved that spot many years ago and I knew that sooner or later you would get what you deserved. Keep on going girl since you're doing what I wish I could.

    XOXO!!! ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you! You are an amazing woman and a complete inspiration. :) Thank you for sharing your life with all of us and being amazing on a daily basis! Much love and admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!
    You are so amazing. Thank you for always putting it all out there and sharing so much with your fans. =)
    XOXO
    LPM

    ReplyDelete