Friday, February 28, 2014

Flashing Back...


This was the first time I stepped on stage, now almost four years ago (eeekkk!!). I was so scared but so excited about the fact that I had finally stopped talking about competing and actually did it. Genie aka The Boss and Tom had guided me through a difficult prep and while I really wasn't "show ready", I stepped on stage and quarter-turned my heart out.

The results of my first show were brutal! I placed....wait for it....dead last. That's right. I was last and it broke my heart. I remember walking out at the end of the night and the girl who won my show asked me if she would see me at the next show. I told her that I doubted it and that I wasn't sure competing was right for me.

Fast forward to July of 2013....


This is the Tenecia that stepped on stage and ultimately walked away with her first figure class win. A lot changed in the time that both of the pictures were taken.

I worked on refining my look, stepping on stage looking more polished. I worked on posing (which is still a weak area for me) and how to best present myself to the judges. Better suits, better hair (I'm unbeweavable!), better tanner...you get the idea. Funny how I swore figure competitions weren't for me and yet here we are, 3 plus years and 10 shows later and I'm still.

Yes, I have gotten better over time but I know there's still more work to do. I'm excited, nervous, confident, scared, restless, and a whole lot of other things.

What will this year's competition season have in store for me??

12 comments:

  1. holy wow,look how far you have made it!
    : )
    whatever is in store for you this year, I have no doubts it will be nothing less than AWESOME!!!!!
    (and btw,the last time I said I had had it with figure shows was in 2007--I swore them off forever....um hello 7 years and 3 pro cards later,lol!!!!!)
    keep at chica,just rock and roll right along and good things are bound to happen!!!!!

    *hugs*
    MC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa! You have been such a positive force in my "competition life" - I adore you! Thank you so much for everything!

      Delete
  2. You look amazing and I love how positive you are. Keep it up. I said I was done but I'm really just taking a break so I can really rock it!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! I keep saying I'm going to give it up but somehow that bedazzled bikini keeps drawing me back..lol :)

      Delete
  3. Inspirational!
    I cannot wait to hear where you are going, no matter if it's competition or not.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LPM! Thank you! And I can't wait to see you in your physique debut!

      Delete
  4. It's fun to see the progression, isn't it?! Can't wait to see what you bring to the stage next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I know that I've come a long way but I still have lots of room for improvement!

      Delete
  5. You are awesome, so positive and so inspiring! Can't wait to see next steps in your journey!

    I love visiting this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love having you visit so keep coming back :)

      Delete
  6. What an incredible transformation! I love that you are still doing it. You deserve to be on that stage and you're so inspiring. Looking forward to see how far you go this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith!! Thanks, love! It's been quite the journey and I'm not quite sure it's over yet.... ;)

      Delete