Thursday, January 23, 2014

Let's Wrap This Up!

What a month January is proving to be!! Unfortunately, 2014 isn't off to an amazing-wonderful-positive start but you know what, I'm still standing & breathing so I'll take it!!! Speaking of breathing, I caught cooties from some place and was down for the count for a couple of weeks. Tom finally convinced me to go to the Minute Clinic and they gave me some antibiotics. I'm feeling much better and of course Tom is gloating because he was right about me being sicker than I thought. Men! :)


I have still been getting questions about if I'm currently in prep and/or what shows I'm doing this year. As of right this second (lol!), I'm not in prep and have not decided on any 2014 competitions. Am I still feeling the same way I was in my Sorting Things Out post? Yes and no....I'm taking things slowly....listening to my body...listening to my heart. With all of that said, I have cleaned up my diet a bit (bye bye, weekday breakfast burritos and mint M&Ms...womp womp) in the event that I have to start prep almost immediately. I have still been going to the gym and while I can tell that I'm not quite back to 100% (damn you cooties!!), I feel happy and strong during my workouts.



While I'm ready for this month to wrap up and a new one to start, I keep thinking about the fortune I received (pictured above). What is this pleasant experience?? Could it be Girl Scout cookie season?!?! Could it be applying to and being accepted to a new graduate program?? Could it be winning the lottery?? I guess I'll have to wait and see :)

4 comments:

  1. Booo on feeling lousy, but I'm glad the mister got you to go in and you're on the mend!
    Samoas are my downfall, like Cookie Monster going beserk!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we have to listen to our husbands. :| Not that I really always want to. haha
    So glad you're still in the game even if your competing days may or may not be done. Lifting alone brings strong women together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was def for Girl Scout cookie season ;)

    Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete