Monday, January 6, 2014

Sorting Things Out

Welcome to 2014!

Wait....2014!?!?! When the f@*k did that happen?!?!!?

The last few months of 2013, honestly, went by in a blur. I began my "off-season", transferred to a new branch, made a huge decision to start working with a new trainer, and then boom....a new year is starting....

Now, this is not going to be a "2013 in review" blog post. This is also not going to be a post where I talk about my resolutions for 2014 or competition plans.

That's right - I'm not going to talk about what my competition plans for this year are.

Here's what I will say - people have been asking me what I'm going to do this year in terms of competing. Am I going to do an AZ show? Am I going to step on the national stage again? A couple of weeks ago, I could have given you an enthusiastic, positive answer about what my plans were.

 I can't do that right now.

All I can say is that if I step on stage this year, it might be my last year doing so. I'm 33 years old. I walk into shows and I'm standing on stage with babies...ok....they're not babies....more like 20 year olds...but they make me feel like an old bag of bones! Prep & competing take up a lot of time and I feel little a guilty about giving that time away to something other than my family. I'm training with someone new and every time I walk away from our sessions thinking "Damn! I still have so much work to do!" and that's not always a great feeling (just being honest here).

While I feel like this might be a good time for me to hang up my 5 inch clear heels, it's not because I hate the sport or I'm bitter or angry. It's because I know I might have gone as far as I could. I feel like there's nothing wrong with walking away from something if you've gotten out of it all that you could.

I haven't made any firm decisions yet. I keep going back and forth. I love figure. I love trophies (who doesn't?!!?). I love showcasing all of my hard work, even if it's in the smallest bedazzled bikini known to man. I love this sport.

2014.

The year of ____ ???


4 comments:

  1. Whether you compete or not is regardless to me. I love following your blog for workout motivation and for the simple fact of following a strong woman who loves to lift - which is honestly hard to find even in the industry anymore! Some just like to workout and get lean, not necessarily make gains. Anyway, whatever path you choose, I'm going to love following your journey down that road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that soon you'll know what you want to do. And in the end you'll be happy with whatever decision you decide on. I'm looking forward to following along and seeing where 2014 leads you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do admit, reading this made me a little sad, but I completely get it. You have a follower here for good because I like reading everything, not just the competing stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have peace about it either way and that is all that matters. I know you love what you do for the love of doing it. The constant challenge of pushing your body once more is sometimes all that is needed. Sometimes the trophy is needed to give your mind rest. Either way, you are an amazing woman in my eyes.
    Take care,
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete