Friday, January 31, 2014

Put the Camera Down!!



Yesterday Tom and I had an early morning gym date before I went to work. We had decided earlier in the week to hit up shoulders (gimme those Dwight Howard boulder shoulders baby!) and I knew he was going to try and break kill hurt help me get closer to my goals.

The workout consisted of various superserts and while we didn't do a lot of difference exercises, we did a ridiculous amount of volume. One superset consisted of shoulder presses on the HumanSport machine and cable upright rows. I think we were on set 5 when I looked over at Tom and signaled that I was done. He gave me his "Shut the hell up and lift" look and of course, I knocked out another two sets.

At one point, towards the end of our workout, Tom pulled out his phone and started snapping pictures of me. Now, I  admit I can be found snapping photos of myself in the gym mirrors but it makes me feel really weird when Tom pulls out his phone and starts taking pictures. Don't question it. I'm weird, I know! Anyway, he tells me to hold my rep and I want to claw his face off. I'm tired, my muscles are aching, and I feel like people are staring at me. Tom doesn't care and keeps snapping away.

Later in the day, I get an email from him with several attachments and when I open the attachments, all I could do was stare at them. I'm not going to post all of them but want to share a couple of my favorites wiht you.




I was pleasantly surprised to see what I am going to call my "baby Ninja Turtle" back. I have definitely made some changes in my back over the last couple of years and Operation Build-a-Back will continue to be a top priority!

Even though I could barely lift my arms to put on my mascara this morning, training is one of the best things in my life. It makes me want to be stronger, better, more badass! I want to use this "time off" wisely. I want to make serious changes to my physique so that I can wow them the next time I step on stage.

Baby steps, Tenecia....baby steps.... :)

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Nice work T! I love how proud your husband is of you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I love that he's proud of me too...it just makes me a little embarrassed sometimes...I'm goofy that way...

      Delete
  2. Aw I miss that feeling.. You look incredible T!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are on Operation Grow A Healthy Baby Girl which I would love to be able to do...so...we'll live vicariously through one another :)

      Delete