Tuesday, February 10, 2015

New Release Tuesday - Theme Song Edition

A couple of years ago, I started picking a theme song for my year. I felt like I should have a song that represented my goals for the year and so I began choosing a song that "spoke to me". I would then proceed to play the hell outta the song for the year at any given moment :)

Last year's theme song comes from the same artist as the song I have chosen for this year. My 2014 theme song was "Good Life". Whenever I was feeling pouty about the direction my life was going, I would play the song. Whenever I needed a reminder about why I was making certain decisions, I would play the song. When I won my show in July, I played the song. You get the idea.

This year, my theme song is "I Lived" by OneRepublic. The first time I heard the song, I stopped everything that I was doing at the time to listen to it. And then I started crying.

I'm serious.

I started to do the ugly cry, especially when the chorus came on.

Finding this song came at the perfect time. I had just discovered a quote by Henry David Thoreau that reads "Oh, God, to reach the point of death only to realize you have never lived."

My goal this year is to live.

I will do things I have only talked about doing.

I will bend, possibly break, the rules.

I will set lofty goals for myself.

I will break out of my comfort zone.

I will take chances.

I.

WILL.

LIVE.




2 comments:

  1. I love this post. I've got to start breaking out of my comfort zone to do the things I want to do, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen,sister!!!!!
    my thoughts exactly for 2015!!!

    ReplyDelete