Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cue the Eighties Rock Band!

Hey y'all! How goes it??

It's cloudy & windy here in Tucson....they've been predicting rain for the past 3 days and yet...nada!! Guess that's what happens when you live in the Sonoran Desert :) I spent yesterday doing cardio, cleaning my house, prepping meals for next week, and watching the U of A Wildcats cement their #1 spot in the Pac-10!! Go Cats!!


It's an unspoken rule that if you live in Tucson, you are a Wildcats fan. If you're not, you must turn in your Tucsonan card and leave the city immediately! I'm kidding but you will be subjected to dirty looks and will not be invited to any social events :)

The scale has not been kind to me this week...Genie asked me if my bones are made of titanium because the number on the scale doesn't correspond with what the pictures are showing....I told her my bones were made of adamantium (if you're a nerd, you know exactly what that is without Googling it...lol). I did notice that I'm a bit more vascular and on Friday, I was able to wear a pair of jeans that had been stowed away in the closet for a good minute. So, I'm going to keep weighing in but not read the number on the scale - Tom will be doing that for me :)

When I saw today's progress pictures, the song "The Final Countdown" started playing in my head. I'm crazy...I know! Here's a couple of pictures from today....


I'm super excited because weights have been added back into my workouts! I've missed being on the free weight floor and adding some estrogen to that area of the gym :) New workouts for my bottom half are inspired by a recent video posted by Ava Cowan on the FitnessRX website - you can find it here.

Eights weeks left.....cue the music....."It's the final countdoooooowwwwwwnnnn"....

4 comments:

  1. LOOKING GREAT!!!!
    you are looking leaner in the mid section and yiur shoulders are coming out more. quads are starting to get more detail.....
    yup,your going tobe ready!
    so excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! I'm so jealous you can go outside in a 2 piece to take pics! We're getting hit right now with a mix of freezing rain and snow (mostly snow)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looking really, really good T! Your waist is looking really small/tight! Holy Moly! I looked and my eyes popped. Yeah. Yep. Yes. It's looking really good my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete