Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Easily Distracted

The time is winding down. The day I've been working so hard for is not longer multiple months or even weeks away. Nope, it's DAYS....as in TWO...days away....ahhh!!!

There is a problem that I am experiencing that I need to remedy - like yesterday! I'm starting to be consumed by thoughts of who my competition is, what I will look like standing next them, am I good enough, you get the idea.

When I was trying to fall asleep last night but couldn't because all of these thoughts were filling my head, I remembered a really great post I read last year by the oh so wise Kellie Davis of MotherFitness.  The post was entitled "Go In Wearing Blinders" and I knew I needed to read it again. I got out of bed, turned on the computer, and took in the words that Kellie wrote. I kept re-reading one particular line and I've decided to repeat it to myself each time I am distracted by thoughts of my competition.  The line is simple and it states,

"You are not HER.

No matter who she is…

… you will never be her.

And that rocks because you are amazing!"




With those words running on repeat in my mind, I am putting my blinders on and focusing on fine-tuning ME!

Two days folks....then it's time to show 'em what I got....beast mode, baby!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love those lines. You look amazing!
    I have a great feeling you will be bringing it all home!
    LPM

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!love!!!
    and
    you.
    look.
    phenomenal.
    seriously.
    good luck this weekend!
    keep those blinders on and remember that no mater what--YOU are the trophy!!!!!!

    :D



    ReplyDelete