Sunday, January 6, 2013

Three Words --> Reel It In!!

Hey everybody!! Welcome to 2013! How is this year treating you thus far?!? I have been fighting cooties since a little after Christmas but other than that, I have no complaints!

I have been really enjoying my off-season...in fact, I might be enjoying it more than I should...lol!! Here are a few pictures of what my life is consisting of these days (and I can tell you it's not the gym, veggies, or cardio equipment!)

Because every librarian should wear reindeer ears at the Reference Desk
Apple fritters from my favorite bakery, Le Cave's
Kissing my nephew as much as possible! 
Dark chocolate pomegranate bites, vitamins, and my favorite magazine :)

Lulu's Shake Shoppe is only a 5 minute walk from my library! Woo hoo!!
The tater tots that accompanied my Nutella Reese's Peanut Butter Cup shake!



In enjoying my off-season and purposely forgetting the goal of "Operation Lean Mean Machine", I have put on about 10 pounds in the last few weeks. I am being completely honest when I say that I am squishy and happy...lol! I love not eating from a set plan, being "confined" to certain foods, and skipping workouts. But I also love seeing my abs, shoulder veins, and not feeling like my belly is oozing over the tops of my pants. 

When I checked in with The Boss #1 over the weekend and told her what my weight was, I received a three word text back from her. The text read "Reel it in" and nothing more. 

*GULP*

I thought, "Damn it! I'm in so much trouble!!" but after a few more texts, it was clear that I wasn't in trouble but she was putting me on notice. Yes, I could still enjoy tater tots, apple fritters, and Mexican Hot Chocolates but I was not allowed to skip workouts. My soft ass needs to be in the gym at least 3 times a week and there definitely needs to be some cardio in there!

So, meals were prepped today...thank God for the Dollar Store by my house where I scored asparagus, spinach, brussel sprouts, and lentils...but I digress....and Tom (aka The Boss #2) & I will be hitting up the gym for 5 am workouts Monday & Tuesday morning.

You might be thinking to yourself, "It's your off-season. What's the big deal?" The answer to that is -->





Yep, it's the Excellent Adventure is going to be a huge deal. No, I'm not telling you what it is quite yet...be patient! :)

10 comments:

  1. Whoa whoa whoa, you bought produce from the dollar store? That's awesome! -I've packed on some pounds too during the holiday season. Meh, who cares? I enjoyed the junk food. Now I'm fluffy. haha My inner fat kid just came out when I saw your picture of apple fritters. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! My Dollar Store has saved my bank account many times!

      Delete
  2. Hehe, squishy and happy! That's what it's all about :)

    And how did you get produce at the dollar store?! That's amazing!

    Can't wai to know about this Black and Yellow adventure!

    And I love those reindeer ears on you! So cute!

    And the picture of you with your nephew! Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nephew has to be the cutest baby ever! I have to kiss all over his cheeks when I see him!

      Delete
  3. Add another squishy to the bunch! It was so good though!

    Yeah, I'm with them. You get produce at your dollar store? I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Dollar Store! I might have to do a post on my finds there!

      Delete
  4. Did you mention to the Boss #1 that the shake store is a 5 minute walk from work? :) I think that was a very important fact that you MUST have left out, surely that would have made all the difference in her reply text. heehe, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't!!! I should have totally told her I walked off the calories!!!

      Delete
  5. I am squishy myself - but working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had a pair of reindeer antlers, those are so cute! Are those little jingle bells on them too? If so even better!

    P.S. Those apple fritters look DELISH! Can't remember when the last time I had one....but I live next to nowhere, so I'll have to wait till I visit my parents during a break in an urban area with lots of great bakeries to get one!

    ReplyDelete