Friday, March 15, 2013

Flashback Friday

Some of my favorite photos on Instagram on the photos that people post on Thursdays with the hashtag "#ThrowbackThursday". In the spirit of revisiting the past, today I'm going to post a photo I'm not sure many folks have seen.

Let's flashback, shall we?



The year is 2010 and this is me on stage for the first time!!! I stepped on stage for my first competition completely out of my element! I knew that I wasn't technically "stage ready" but I still wanted to see how I would do next to other competitors. Let's just say, I didn't expect to get my ass handed to me that day but I did!!

I learned that heartbreaking, frustrating day in July that I had so much more work to do if I wanted to be competitive. I learned that last place feels really crappy but is an incredible motivator. I learned that I was W-A-Y more competitive and hungry for a plastic trophy than I originally thought. I learned that I was in love with this sport, no matter what other people thought of it.

So there you have it....a flashback to almost three years ago...where I walked on stage for the first time and discovered that the stage, the teeny tiny bikini, drag queen makeup, and posing my heart out made me ridiculously giddy!

7 comments:

  1. I have set a goal to do my first competition a year from this weekend. I am scared to death to be "last". But I keep telling myself "Everyone has to start somewhere", and I can do my best to get ready, and learn from it.

    Thanks for reminding me that *everyone* started somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are soooo right! Everyone has to start somewhere! It's about the journey and not about the trophy/placings - remember that!

      Delete
  2. wow, if you're last place with that fab figure, I just don't know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing and cute as heck. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the chick next to you is checking you out...there's a smile on her face but sure looks a little strained. Last place or first you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete