Sunday, March 3, 2013

One Week In


Black and Yellow's Excellent Adventure is in full effect up in herrrrrr!!! :) I officially have one week of prep under my belt! One week down, 15 more to go - lol!

The fortune I received while eating "the last supper" before prep started :)

I am happy to report that week one went very well. I am happy that the start of this prep has been calm, smooth, and positive. I had to know that good things were in store when the fortune I received the day before I started prep said so! I am taking that as a sign that this journey to the stage will be a great one!

Eating one of my meals in the breakroom
The plan right now is to start things off slow and steady. During the off-season, I was doing 3 cardio sessions a week so that has now been bumped up to 4. My meals are completely different than they were a couple of weeks ago, of course! No more jalapeno muenster bagels or red velvet ice cream! I'm back to eating healthier meals 5-6 times a day. Check-in with The Boss went well yesterday. I was surprised to see a nice drop when I stepped on the scale but didn't do cartwheels over my pictures...I rarely do...lol!

Keepin' a smile on my face!
I had been anticipating starting prep for quite some time so it was fairly easy for me to "flip the switch" and get back into prep mode. For me this means going to bed earlier, making more lists, and adhering to a set schedule as close to as 100% of the time as I can.


I really really want to be competitive at this show and I'm telling myself I can! I'm going to focus on the positives and try not to let the negatives & self-doubt creep in. I know that it will but I'm going to do everything in my power to keep it to a minimum!!

Sun is shining and it's time for progress pics!

One week down and as Jay-Z says, "I'm on to the next one"! :)

1 comment:

  1. "a pleasant experience is ahead.dont pass it by"...
    how awesome is that?!!!!
    post that fortune around your house,on your bathroom mirror,on the fridge,on the treadmill.....
    and then set back,enjoy the prep,and reap the benefits of your hard work!

    good things are headed your way,i can feel it!

    ReplyDelete