Monday, April 25, 2011

Off To A Bumpy Start

I'm going to be completely honest...today did NOT feel like the first day of my new prep. I just wasn't feeling excited or motivated about the weeks ahead. I felt a bit of sadness and fear about the path I have chosen to take...part of it has to do with the changes to my workouts but that's another post for another day....

I know what things motivate me so off I went in search of blog posts, videos, and quotes to help me get me get in the right state of mind.

Here's what I found -

This video is incredible. That's all that needs to be said. Watch it and tell me that you don't want to go do something extraordinary when it's over!!



Kari of Figure World gives a simple answer when asked what pushes her to train during those times when she really doesn't want to. She simply says, "I want to win!" My definition of "winning" means improving each time I step on stage. I want to know that I did everything in my power to do better, be better.

The quote by Will Smith at the end of this blog post is the mindset I want  NEED to have.

Kelly drew a line in the sand and basically told her readers to put up or shut up. She challenged us to stop doubting our ability and just go for it. Stop saying "I hope" or "I wish" and start saying "I WILL".

I also re-read my own post from a couple of months ago....Invictus and Maino....still can't beat those two sources of motivation!

I know I can do this...I will do better....I will be better....can I get an "Amen!!"?? :)

9 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!!!!
    just hang in there chica!
    its always hard to transition between preps,especially when there will be some changes in the plan!
    embrace what you know,
    embrace the path you will follow
    embrace what you will learn,
    and in turn,
    a new found knowledge and respect for not only the sport,but about yourself,will embrace you back,leaving you a better,stronger person....
    :D

    oh,loved the links/video btw!!!! just what i needed to hear today!!
    thank you for sharing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!!
    I'm pushing my ass to get back into the drive of working out towards my goal after having to deal with two injuries back to back. Not fun. But I also paid the price of getting a little slack with my diet.
    Your blog really encouraged me and reminds me I need to put that goal in front of me and just say I will do it. :) It's going to take a lot of work, but I know if you can do it, I can too.
    Proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN!!! you can do this, look at you -- you're unstoppable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! I think Melissa said it all! We are all rooting for you! You can do it and in the process of finding your motivation and your way toward your new goal, you are inspiring ME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that clip. I second what Melissa said. I can't imagine though, this has to be hard. I know it took me about a month before I was back to myself and felt normal again. AND got my eating under control. You can do it though, you are just plain awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thx for the shout-out, girl!! Glad my video blog could help you determine what winning means to you. Stay focused and know that you can push through this. It's a normal part of prep. Get it, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen! Sometimes we have to fake it till we make it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay T. I am with you on this and I got chills watching that video.

    Just to repeat something to you:

    “If we get on the treadmill together, there’s two things. You’re getting off first, or I’m gonna die. It’s really that simple.” Will Smith On Work Ethic & Focus

    ReplyDelete