Saturday, April 23, 2011

This Is How It Went Down - Part 2!!

I was so excited when I saw the girls that made up Class E. They had muscles!!! In my last two shows, everyone was a stick (or at least looked like a stick when big o' beastly me stood next to them!). The class was stacked and that made me a very happy girl!! While there were only 4 of us in the class, I think it was a very competitive one.




Two of the girls, Whitney (pink suit) & Jill (blue suit), have competed at a national level and I'm proud to say that I felt like I gave them some great competition! After our turn on stage, I grabbed my stuff and we headed out to lunch. Once we had eaten, we went back to the hotel where I took off my hair (lol), did a quick blog post, and then laid down until it was time to go back to the auditorium.



Figure was at the end of the schedule so I had a lot of time to hang out, talk with the other competitors, and watch the show (they provided a tv in the main hallway so we could watch what was taking place on stage - really cool!). The guest poser was Jay Cutler and I bumped into him, literally, while he was backstage. It was like bumping into a brick wall!!! Other folks that I recognized that were at the show include Sonia Gonzales (she's a tiny thing!), Felicia Romero (gorgeous!), and Gina Aliotti (shorter than I thought she would be but so frickin' built!!).


Since we had such a small class, we didn't leave the stage when we were done with our individual presentations. We lined up and they presented us with our trophies! Was I disappointed to get 4th? Let's be honest, I wanted that top spot but I was happy with who I competed against. You know your competition is good when the winner of your class wins overall!! My goal was to come home with a top 5 placing and technically, I did that :)



My post-show meal was New York Cheesecake pancakes from IHOP - so delicious! The next morning, we headed out to Los Angeles to visit my baby brother. On the way there, we stopped at a hamburger place called Goodfellas Hamburgers (thank you, Tom's Droid). The food was fan-fricking-tastic! We shared this dish called the D.U.I. It was french fries topped with chili, carne asada, pastrami, and cheese....yeah...tasty!!



I was so happy to see The Princess when we picked her up afterschool. She instantly grabbed my trophy and held onto it for the rest of the day. As we were driving home she said, "Mom, I crossed my fingers that you would come home with a trophy and you did!" - thank goodness I didn't let her down! :) I also came home to a care package from Genie containing some serious treats - cookies & peanut butter fudge - holla!!



I emailed the women's head judge for feedback and heard back from her within 24 hours. This was just another moment where Lindsay Productions & their staff proved they are serious about the business they're in. The feedback was all very positive. They loved my hair, suit, and presentation. I was told I had great poise and a stunning physique. HOWEVER, I'm too muscular for the direction that figure is going in right now so if I want to continue to compete in this division, I have to drop some overall size.

I took a couple of days to think about it and I've decided that I am willing to drop some of my muscle. Hear me out! I know that I'm blessed genetically with the ability to put on muscle easily (Tom hates me for it!) so I'm not worried about getting the muscle back. I want to be able to look back at this time in my life and say that I did everything I could (including sacrificing size & muscle) to be successful.


That's where I'm at right now. Monday marks the start of my prep for the July 16 NPC Terminator in Tucson. Chelsea and Ana will also be competing at this show. It's going to be a lot of fun but I know the weeks leading up to that day may not be so fun....but isn't that what prep is all about...lol....

I have more photos from the weekend on facebook. If we're not friends already, send me a request if you so desire!

Happy Saturday!

9 comments:

  1. Great post. Loved reading your story in part 1 & 2 and you looked amazing, of course. Pretty much FF, to me!

    Chelesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! you looked amazing!! i'm excited to see the pics from your next show this july

    ReplyDelete
  3. again,all i saw/read was something about food,IHOP,pancakes,IHOP,*drools*
    OH,great post and pics btw!!!
    lol!
    for reals though,i LOVE reading about your weekend! july 16th on stage again???
    you can do it,just bump that cardio up to help
    "de-bulk"(i dont mean that in a bad way! i too can gain muscle at the drop of the hat-in order for me NOT to bulk,(and still lift heavy)i run,and run and run....but i LOVE to run so i dont mind!)
    anyways, looking forward to more pics and of course following you along on this next show!!!!!
    *sending hugs from the east coast!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this post! :) I think my favorite part was you daughter's absolute adoration of you. Awesome, awesome work on the competing and the eating!!
    I can't wait to see you clean up in July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're amazing! Love your passion for this sport. Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! I have been following you ever since my wife showed your blog to me. She writes Britneysnorthstar blog. As you know we a a few weeks out ourselves from our very first competition. Watching you through the weeks, it helps us to see the changes to be expected along the way. And if not for reading your blogs to take our minds off of the diet, I would probably be standing in front of McDonalds waiting to steal small childrens Happy Meals as they walk out lol. We will be following you on your journey to the next competition. We look forward to every new post.

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great recap! Very good competition! All of you looked beautiful! You said your next step is to try to lose some of the muscle ... have you considered switching to Physique, though? You look like you'd fit right in just the way you are. Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the pictures!
    I do agree that your competition looked pretty close - you did amazing! Your daughter is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tenecia- I'm super proud of you, you looked stunning! Absolutely amazing. You are so right, your competition was tough though. I do love your feedback, I wouldn't mind someone telling me I'm too muscular =) Can't wait to follow you through prep again, yay! Oh and those fries sounds YUMMO!!! =)

    ReplyDelete