Monday, February 6, 2012

And Now A Message From The Trainer

It's been awhile since Tom has written a blog post
and he told me this morning that he wanted to 
do one today. This, of course, was after he
tried to murder me at the gym :)
 I hope you enjoy the post.
P.S. If I had known he was going
to take pictures during the workout, I
would have tried to look like
less of a hot mess!!!

The look of…
Weakness or Strength
Defeat or Domination
Despair or Euphoria


Like I’ve said before I am not gifted in the way with words like my better half is, so excuse my writing skills and grammar!!!

I am writing this guest post after training (checking her hot bod out in the process) her this morning.  If you didn’t know, I work at a fire station and I love designing killer workouts that drop many people to their knees and leave them sore for a week!  Pushing our bodies to the extreme is something I’m addicted to. And the old saying “If you’re not sore, you didn’t work hard enough” thrives inside me.

This is the kind of workout that I’ve been designing lately to SHOCK the body… 2-3 sets to find a weight that you can handle 10-12 reps with good form to failure. Now the real work starts!!! Pick a number - today we used 50 reps.  Perform the exercise until failure… maybe 10,11, or 12 reps… only 10 seconds of rest and begin again to failure, so on and so forth till you hit your desired rep number. By the end you are literally doing 3 or 4 reps!  We did four exercises today and I managed to snap some pics of the agonizing workout.

The look of....


The look of...


The look of...(boobies...I mean...uhh...)


The look of....


So at the end of the day she could have settled with weakness, settled for defeat, leaving her in a state of despair; however, my wife doesn’t do that.  She fought that workout with strength, total domination, and left in a state of euphoria!  Proud of you babe, and I just wanted to share a little thought with your bloggers (I think that’s what you call em???)

12 comments:

  1. YAY! Great post, Tommy! Nice rack, T! :) and I like your top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! I love husband, I mean trainer, posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too...even if they have some of the worst pictures in them.... ;)

      T.

      Delete
  3. love it! love it! love it!
    a picture says a thousand words,
    and wow...
    T, you are amazing!
    (with a great trainer/husband who knows how to make you love/hate aweosme workouts!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute and I am all about that do-rag Tenecia! The boob picture....LOL. No wonder Tommy loves training his hot wifey!

    Tommy - Love the workout. Love your post. You are a good hubby/trainer :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have known that he was snapping a pic of my cleavage when he pretended that he was kneeling to "check my form" :)

      T.

      Delete
  5. Awww, I love this post! Honestly, he could have said blah, blah, blah....reps, sets, boobies..blah, blah, blah and I would still feel the same way. The fact that he wanted to write a post about you warms my heart! You have a good man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup! I just sent the link to my hubby and told him that I wanna start training together. I'm jealous (but happy for you!)! :)

    ReplyDelete