Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Things I Like About Me

I've decided to link up with Elena over at Just Be Enough and participate in "Things I Like About Me". I, as I'm sure most of you do, have a tendency of pointing out my flaws or the areas that I am lacking. I believe this is a great way for me personally celebrate what makes me unique, what makes me proud, what makes me feel awesome, what makes me Tenecia!



1. I won't back down.
*I often call myself a pitbull. If there is something I believe in, I latch onto it and will not back away from supporting it.

2. I expect the world of my friends because they can expect the world from me.
*I have always been VERY selective of my friends. It's hard for me to trust others but when I do, I do it whole-heartedly & passionately. I am fiercely loyal & supportive of my friends. I don't feel like there is anything wrong with me expecting the same from them.

3. I am not afraid to take off my earrings & bracelets and fight dirty.
*Seriously. Do not piss me off. Do not harm, disrespect, or talk sh!t about anyone that I love/care about. I will take off my earrings and it will be on!

4. I am not afraid of saying "I don't know".
*Yes, I'm a librarian. Yes, my brain is full of random bits of information. Yes, I know what reference resources will help you answer certain questions. BUT, there are questions that I don't know the answer to and I'm woman enough to admit when I don't have the answer. 'Nuff said.

5. My arms.
*I lift hard and I lift heavy. My arms can wrap themselves around The Princess and show her that I love her to the moon & back. My arms can lift my daughter's wheelchair in & out of the car without assistance. My arms can carry multiple bags of groceries in one trip from the car to the house. My arms look great in sleeveless clothing. #yeahisaidit

6. My tattoos.
*Each one tells a story. Each one is marker on the map of my life. Each one is a piece of my soul.

7. I would rather be told that I'm intelligent or funny versus pretty or attractive.
*I have this thing about looks...I have always felt that mine were average....no big deal...I was ok with that. However, I always felt like my level of intelligence was slightly higher than those around me. I hope that doesn't sound cocky but it's true. Then you add to that my ability to tell a joke or make you laugh with my sarcasm. That's a deadly combo, folks! :)

There you have it. The things I like about me. I think everyone should take a moment, embrace what you like about you, and share it.

So, what's on your list?

23 comments:

  1. Girl, the more I read, the more I relate!
    I'm teeny (by most standards) but I'm a pit bull.
    Also, I expect as much from my friends as I expect that I would give to them... My tattoos, well, I <3 them and have planned them, drawn them, and expect that everyone knows they are a piece of my soul, lol. I want my arms to be envied, like Tracy Bodner or Dana Linn Bailey.... Okay, that may never happen, but a girl can dream.......................Now, you're making me think about things that I like about me and that's not comfortable for me, lol....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list. And you rock! Your friends - and your daughter - are very lucky to have you on their side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this (saw her post the other day) - I plan on doing this today actually. Such a fantastic idea. We should all do this more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the chance to read your post & I have to tell you, I always wanted red hair :) And it's pretty great to be able to hug others with strong arms, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. love your list!!! I'm actually working on my blog post of this now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara! I loved your post on the 1st of the month about what you were thankful for!

      Delete
  5. That is a great list and idea! Love those arms.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I can't take credit for the idea but I am definitely glad Elena allowed others to participate.

      Delete
  6. You know what I like about you? The fact that you can think of all those great things that make up who you are! That rocks! The world needs more women like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be a little scary if there were more women like me...lol... ;)

      Delete
  7. I *love* this list. You are AMAZING, lady. Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sable! I appreciate you saying that!

      Delete
  8. Great post! I think you are a pretty big deal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how little I am, I like my round shoulders, I like my balls-to-the-wall personality, the amount I give to those I love, and my hair. I really dig having good hair.

    I really like you! :) Muah!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dig your balls-to-the-wall personality too!

      Delete
  10. all i had to do was read #1! love it. And the arms... worthy accessories for moving a wheelchair. ;)
    and tattoos... i want a 3/4 sleeve.. now I am mind boggled by the design and the story I want created. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sooooo want a sleeve too! Ink...it's an addiction ;)

      Delete
  11. Love it!! This is a great idea. Your #2 is my favorite! And #3 made me smile, and take mental note never to piss you off! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Emily!!! I'm normally a cool, calm, collected person but hurt someone that I love & all bets are off ;)

    ReplyDelete