Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fire Burnin'

Cue the Sean Kingston...."fire burning....fire burning!"

Yesterday morning I did the Butt Building Workout that was recently featured on FitTalkNews and let me tell you, it was no joke!! I did a couple of modifications based on time, space, and what was available when I got to the gym so this is what my workout looked like:

Barbell Squats
115 x 8 (2 sets), 135 x 8 (2 sets)

Barbell curtsy lunges
45 x 8 (2 sets), 65 x 8 (3 sets)

Step-ups (with dumbbells in each hand)
10/10 x 12 (2 sets), 15/15 x 10 (2 sets)

Stiff Legged Deadlifts
115 x 5 (2 sets), 135 x 5 (2 sets)

My glutes were ON FIYAH and it was clear to me as I walked to the locker room that I was definitely going to feel it the next day!

Because I'm a glutton for punishment & I want my buns to stop sagging, I decided to visit the StairMonster for a lunch date! I have dubbed the steps leading to the Gold's Gym the "Steps of Doom". Take a look at them!


I curse them every time my legs are sore! There's an elevator that you can take to get to the gym but I just can't bring myself to take it. Instead, I focused on my lime green Nikes and cursed every rep I had done earlier in the day!

Careful!!
I read somewhere..I can't recall exactly where...about challenging yourself on the StairMill by skipping every step. Again, I'm a glutton for punishment and decided I would give this a shot. I'm not ashamed to say that there were several times that I felt like throwing up, crying, hitting the end button, or combining all 3 and calling it a day. The end result of this 45 minute StairMill workout:

Excuse me while I take a photo while gasping for air
I am in a world of DOMS today but I swear my butt looks tighter than it did yesterday. At least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself after each time I cringe from moving my legs :)

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE your shoes too! I also skip steps on the stairmill--it's killer! Or I should say I used to...unfortunately the stair mill is like the only cardio machine my new gym doesn't have :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! You are killing it! All I can say is that I hope the path to heaven has an elevator after all that you are doing int his life! You may get stuck half way to the gates otherwise! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THOSE STAIRS! I wish my gym had stairs instead of steppers. I'd WAY rather sprint the real deal! Killer workout, too, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THOSE SHOES! I love so much about your workout. I love curtsy lunges. Any type of lunge that requires lateral/medial movement gets my fanny fired up! I also LOVE dead lifts. I love feeling the muscles tighten through my hamstrings and into my glutes as I come up! Way to show the stair master who's boss. I wish the Y had one. Enjoy your soreness, you earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the work out!!!!
    you should try running about 30 sets of the
    "stairs of doom" afterwards!
    every step,skip a step,double jump,every other step a double jump...
    oh wow you got my wheels turning for a totally puketastic workout!
    you have no idea how enviuos i am,lol!!!!
    anyways,great job chica,your beast mode is ON!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to have the rear of a 16 year old gymnast.....keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you liked my Butt Building Workout!!! Thanks for blogging about it and sharing it!!! Go get it girl!! :)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love your post!

    By the way, I tagged you on my blog today so please check it out if you have a chance. I really enjoy your blog so wanted to point my readers in your direction.
    =)

    ReplyDelete