Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hardbody…Long Lost Brothers…Check Ins….


I was reading Hardbody.com and the question was posed about what makes YOU a hardbody. I thought about what my answer would be and this is what I came up with:

Yes,
I’m 30 years old and have the bedtime of a 7 year old.
I eat cold chicken and veggies in the car on the way to work.
I would rather deadlift 185lbs instead of going to a Zumba class.
My digital scale is one of my most prized possessions.
I feel a surge of pride when I move and scream out loud because my muscles are sore.
Love the smell of metal on my hands.
I cancelled my subscription to Cosmopolitan & Shape and replaced them with subscriptions to Muscular Development and Muscle & Fitness Hers.

What about you? What makes you a “hardbody”?


My little brother recently moved to Los Angeles to pursue his dreams. I’m so proud of him for stepping outside of his comfort zone and following his heart BUT, I miss my bro!! He and I have such a great time whenever we get together and it makes me a little sad that I can’t just drive over to his house or call him at the last minute to grab a drink. Jonathan was in town this weekend to attend a friend’s wedding and we decided that he would join us at Apple Annie’s Pumpkin Patch. Well, that plan was scrapped due to the fact that we wouldn’t be able to effectively use Jayde’s wheelchair at different areas of the patch…boo! So, I ran over to my parents house first thing (ok…more like 10:00 am…it felt like first thing…lol) this morning and hung out there for a bit. It was great seeing my brother – he looks great and California is treating him well!

Here is a picture from this morning. We’re still working on the adjustments to the bottom of my suit but I think it will be perfect once it's done! I checked-in with my diet guru this morning. I’m frustrated with the fact that I’m not dropping weight like I feel I should be. I have two weeks until my show and I’m freakin’ out! I feel like there’s a TON of work left to do and not enough time to do it! But, it is what it is.


Stay tuned for a post inspired by a blog that has become one of my new addictions…click the link below for an idea of what my next post will be about…. http://www.rachelwilkerson.com/2010/10/20/food-blog-competition-project-tasteless/

2 comments:

  1. love what you said about what makes you a hardbody!!

    great picture btw,your legs are looking awesome!!!!-try not to stress too much about that last little bit that seems like it wont budge!!! usually most of detail work comes into play the last 10 days of prep..(or it does for me at least!)

    so just hang in there girl!!looking forward to following you along on your adventure to the stage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Melissa! I really appreciate your encouragement! I know it will come together in the end but...I'm impatient...lol :)

    ReplyDelete