Friday, October 15, 2010

The Moment I Knew

I was reading an article this morning about the moment when people knew they had to quit their jobs. It got me thinking about the moment I knew I had to stop talking about competing and actually do it.

At the end of 2008 I was thinking about my “goals” for the upcoming 2009 year…I’m not a fan of calling them “resolutions” so I call them "goals" It's my personal way of supposedly preventing failure…ha! One of the goals I wrote down was to prepare for and compete in a figure competition. Fast forward to the end of 2009 and I am about 40 pounds heavier than I was at the start of the year (WTF?!?!? Let's not discuss that right now!!) and again I’m talking about goals for the next year. I remember telling Tom that I would be turning 30 in the next year (2010) and I wanted to do something BIG for myself. I start talking about random things I can do…new tattoo….skydive….start dreadlocks….do a figure competition and Tom whips his head so fast in my direction that I’m surprised he didn’t get whiplash! He looked me dead in the eye and said, “You’ve been talking about doing one of those for over a year. Why don’t you stop talking about it and do it?” Umm….did my husband just check me?!?! Yep, I think he did!!! I’m not lying when I say that it was at that moment, I decided 2010 was going to be a year of doing NOT talking!

Fast forward to today and I am a little shy of 3 weeks out from my 2nd figure competition. It feels great to have accomplished something I wasn’t sure I was capable of. Go, Me!

Now if I can just place in the top 5, that would be the icing on the cake…..mmm….cake…

No comments:

Post a Comment