Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Moment of Silence


I would like us all to take a seat and have a moment of silence for the death of my happiness. Orbit Cinnamint gum, Extra Dessert Delights Mint Chocolate Chip gum, and Maranatha Organic No Stir Crunchy Peanut Butter have been cruelly ripped out of my hands. So, let’s just take a moment to mourn the good ol’ days.

Now that we’re done with that, let’s move on to prep updates. I’m doing 2 sessions of fasted cardio each day. It’s not a crazy amount of cardio but tell that to the Tenecia that’s trying to conquer the treadmill at 4:45 am! As far as diet goes, carbs and fats have been decreased. All in all, nothing I can’t handle but it’s still a long road to Show Day!! I’m seeing some changes physically that I’m very happy with and the scale is being kind to me! In fact, the scale was so kind to me this morning, I stepped on & off 4 times just to make sure it was giving me the correct weight!! I’ve been practicing my posing and I’m still have issues with my “relaxed” pose…I just don’t like it…I look like a dork…whatevs…


I thought Monday was going to be a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (one of my fave when I was a kid)! My morning started off with cardio that took FOREVER to end! My Princess and I did our normal Let’s Get Out of the House On Time routine and as we were walking out, I couldn’t find my keys. Now, I’m obsessive about leaving things in its given place (in this case, my keys are always left on the kitchen island) because it makes things run easier in the morning. Well, I can’t find my keys and after searching for them, so I decide to load our stuff into the car and voila, my keys are in the ignition. Not completely strange because I have left them there before but as I get in and turn the key, NADA! The car doesn’t start. Now, here’s where my panicking sets in. “What the hell?!?!” “Why isn’t this starting?!?!” “Damn it! We’re going to be late!!” You get the idea…well….the car doesn’t start because it had been left on since Saturday afternoon (long story – let’s not get into it!). Fast forward to 9:40 am…trust me…it’s better if we just skip ahead…my battery is charged just enough to get the Princess to school and make it back home. I didn’t go into work and while it’s nice to have a day off, it’s even nicer to have a day off WITH a car you can drive to fun places!!!

Since I knew the Princess was a little upset about missing computers since she was late to school, I decided that she and I would bake something sweet to rot her teeth and bring a smile to her face…lol…. I stumbled upon a blog over the weekend entitled Cookies & Cups and I live for every single thing that the author has baked. I decided we would try out the Candy Jar Brownies and it was a success. The proof is in the pics! I may make a pan of these to eat after the show along with a Dos Equis Amber to wash them down.






I leave you with a question....I'm going to have some pictures done next week...it's my first time doing a model/fitness type shoot...let's hope I don't make a complete fool of myself....but the question is, what should I wear? I'm at a loss and would love to hear your suggestions.

Happy Hump Day!!

1 comment:

  1. oh! i dont know how you made those brownies so close to show day!!!!!
    sounds like prep is rolling right along-the shortest,longest days are approaching!!!

    maybe for your model/fitness photoshoot you could do sports wear-ie workout shorts(boy shorts) w sports bra,or maybe a swim suit(not figure suit-just a cute/sexy off the rack suit in heels)-will you be in a gym setting at all? if so,then grab some dumbells and strike a pose!

    ReplyDelete